Below you will find a list of various articles and projects that I have written and contributed to over the years. Unfortunately, a few of my most recent pieces in print publications have not been made available digitally yet. Enjoy!
In the summer of 2014, I was fortunate to secure an internship with AgingCare.com, a valuable source of information, encouragement, and advice for caregivers and their loved ones. I have continued to freelance with the AgingCare.com team while wrapping up my final year of graduate school in Gainesville, FL.
- POLST Programs: When Advance Directives Aren't Enough
- Exercise Your Brain & Escape the Mundane: Read with a Loved One
- Cataracts: Getting the Big Picture (and a Clearer One, Too)
- What You Don't Know Can Hurt You When it Comes to COPD
- 5 No-and Low-Cost Financial Planning Tools
- The 411 on 401(k) Plans
- Tips For Choosing a 401(k) Plan
- Fatal Falls On the Rise Among Seniors
- 5 Things to Know about the VA Wait-list Controversy
- Treating Cataracts May Slow Cognitive Decline
Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
Also during the summer of 2014, I interned with Rookery Bay Reserve's communications department. I contributed this short blog post to their website following a day of fieldwork in the reserve.
I began my first internship with Naples Illustrated in the summer of 2012 when I was still an undergraduate student. I have been fortunate to be able to continue writing for this exceptional lifetsyle magazine while pursuing both of my degrees.
- July/August 2012: Calendar Events (p. 104)
- September 2012: Local Flavor (p. 38)
- September 2012: Balance Section (p. 99-101)
- October 2012: Balance Section (p. 105)
- November 2012: Balance Section (p. 124)
- December 2012: Cameos (p. 50)
- January 2013: Back to Basics (p. 198)
- February 2013: Facing the Future (p. 177)
- March 2013: Posed to Mix and Mingle (p. 164)
- May/June 2014: Manicure Makeover (p. 97)
- March 2014: Balance Section (p. 154-155)
- March 2014: Kayaking in Paradise: A Guide to Paddling in Southwest Florida
5th Avenue Magazine
A collaborative project from Palm Beach Media Group and the Fifth Avenue Business Improvement District, Inc., the annual 5th Avenue Magazine is an informative guide for Neapolitans and visitors alike looking for fun along Naples' lively main street.
- 2013/2014 Issue: The Fifth Avenue Experience (p. 12-14)
- 2014/2015 Issue: Fifth Avenue South: On the Move! (p. 20-22)
A sister magazine of Naples Illustrated and also part of the Palm Beach Media Group, Weddings Illustrated provides Floridian brides-to-be with in-depth looks at other brides' weddings, the scoop on current trends, and creative ideas for their own nuptials.
Naples Charity Register 2012/2013 Issue
The annual Naples Charity Register provides Neapolitans with a wealth of information on the coming year's charitable and philanthropic events held to benefit countless local non-profit organizations.